X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• event ID 1016: perflib and event ID 63: Winmgmt in sbs 2003

Hi,
    I Can't understand these error:
    event ID: 1016, perflib error. The data buffer created for the "MSExchangeIS" service in the "C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\bin\mdbperf.dll" library is not aligned on an 8-byte boundary. This may cause problems for applications that are trying to read the performance data buffer. Contact the manufacturer of this library or service to have this problem corrected or to get a newer version of this library.
    I did some research and found that this errors is normal. But no one explains why it is occuring and how it can be solved?.

Second error is:
    event ID 63: Winmgmt

A provider, PerfProv, has been registered in the WMI namespace, ROOT\CIMV2\MicrosoftHealthMonitor\PerfMon, to use the LocalSystem account. This account is privileged and the provider may cause a security violation if it does not correctly impersonate user requests. I did research on this one and found that this error occurs after installing the following updates:
    Security Update for Windows Server 2003 (KB898715
    Security Update for Windows Server 2003 (KB896422
    Security Update for Windows Server 2003 (KB896358
    Security Update for Windows Server 2003 (KB890046
    Security Update for Windows Server 2003 (KB883939
    Security Update for Windows Server 2003 (KB896428
    Did the updates caused this error?. Does it compromises the security of the server?. I am curious and cautious at the same time?

Any ideas or hints to solve these error..

Thanx in anticipation,
    Rsin.

The Only Answer which I got from people is:
    Microsoft updates are like blessing in disguise
    Ability to perform, From Dusk till Dawn.
    Experience is what u get, when u expect something else..

Re: event ID 1016: perflib and event ID 63: Winmgmt in sbs 2003

Seems like you are not the only one who has this "error".

I read a couple but didn't see any real fix. Have a read of the ones that match you and see what you can find. Steven may have more info when he gets time to have a look at your post.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Thanks Biggles, but I tend to ignore perflib errors as I rarely (if ever) use the Performance Monitor
      TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
      http://www.wintra.co.il/
      sigpic
      Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Hi,

I just started receiving these errors too, not sure what is causing it, my error states it's 'VMWARE' rather than exchange, and I'm getting an error 2003 for perflib at the same time.

Event Source: Perflib
        Event ID: 1016

The data buffer created for the "VMware" service in the "C:\Program Files\VMware\VMware Workstation\vmPerfmon.dll" library is not aligned on an 8-byte boundary. This may cause problems for applications that are trying to read the performance data buffer. Contact the manufacturer of this library or service to have this problem corrected or to get a newer version of this library.

Event Source: Perflib
        Event ID: 2003

The configuration information of the performance library "C:\WINDOWS\system32\inetsrv\w3ctrs.dll" for the "W3SVC" service does not match the trusted performance library information stored in the registry. The functions in this library will not be treated as trusted.

Anyone any close to solving these yet?

bjblackmore

Comment

bjblackmore, please start a new thread when you post a problem even if there is a thread with a similar problem to the one you are experiencing. Makes answer rsin and your post a lot less confusing. Thanks.
          1 1 was a racehorse.
          2 2 was 1 2.
          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
          2 2 1 1 2

Comment

This is a false report, you can suppress it.

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=249138

Modify the registry at your own risk.
            To control this feature, set a REG_DWORD value named Configuration Flags in: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Perflib If this value is not present, you can add it. The following lists the values and their meanings:
            0x00 - Test for data buffer alignment errors.
            0x01 - Do not test for data buffer alignment errors. Suppresses 1016 event.
            0x02 - Do not disable DLLs when a critical error occurs but still post the events.
            0x04 - Disable all perf counter function testing regardless of testing level. Critical errors will still disable DLLs.
            0x08 - Enable the disabling of DLLs if timeouts are exceeded. Normally only other critical errors would disable DLLs.
            0x10 - Enable the collection of statistics for each performance DLL. This is the default of Configuration Flags, if the value is not present.

set it to 0x01

done.
            MCP, MCSA+messaging, MCDBA, OCA.

Comment

Working...
            X