No announcement yet.

SBS 2000 problems

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SBS 2000 problems

We have a SBS 2000 box set and had everything installed on one slow machine. I have installed exchange on a nother server and I moved the mailboxes there. Every time I reboot the machine with the new exchange server on it. my system c drive is corupted and the machine cant boot. I was wondering will it work like that. Having one machine with the Active Directory and the other with Exchange on it using the Active Directory from the other machine. I cant figure this out. The machine works no problems but you restart it and it cant find the boot.ini file sometime c is corupted. Any help would be great

Re: SBS 2000 problems

You have to license that second machine separately and buy Exchange CALS for it. As soon as you can, buy an upgrade to SBS2003 R2 (should be available in about a month) which gives you the CALS for a separate Exchange server.
    However - it sounds like you need new hardware in any case........

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
    Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.