No announcement yet.

SBS 2003 ID Error-C0070005

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SBS 2003 ID Error-C0070005

Im getting the ID error ID Error-C0070005 when accessing users in Active directory and all exchange settins on SBS 2003. I have looked at the microsoft info on this and i have changed the permissions on the following reg keys however the problem still exsists......

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\Microsoft\Exchange\lan guage
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\SecurePipeServer\Winreg
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Se curePipeServers\winreg

Also from

The built-in Guests Group had Everyone added. Guests Group has Access Denied to certain areas. This then meant that the even though I was logged in as Administrator and had Administrator privileges I was explicity denied access because I was part of the Builtin Guests Group

however i can not access the administrator user rights as i can not get onto them - as it is giveing me the Error-C0070005 - how can i change them back !!!!!!!

Any ideas

Last edited by Scott4m; 7th June 2006, 18:44.
    Scott [4m]

Re: SBS 2003 ID Error-C0070005

I have just found this link:

However it explains on deleting the guest / domain guest accounts - but ia m getting the following error message:

"Windows cannot delete object because: Cannot perform this operation on built-in accounts"

Can you help i cant seem to get around it ! - how can i delete these accounts ????
    Scott [4m]

Solved the problem - added a new test user with admin rights ( but not guest / domain guest rights - lol ) and then deleted the guest / admin guest rights from the administartor account and its now working

at last -- lol
      Scott [4m]

Talking to yourself is the first sign of madness
        But it is often the only way you get an intelligent conversation
        Glad you solved the problem though AND that you shared it!

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
        Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.