X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to repair/configure the DNS

Hi
    I have SBS2000 with DNS server on it
    I change all the add but when i tried to change in the DNS I think that i deleted the "reversed lookup zone "
    When i tried to add a new host and i checked the PTR then i get the error messege "warning : the associated pointer (PTR) record cannot be created , probably beacuse the referenced reverse lookup"

Is there any guide how to fix it?
    Or can i build the dns server from the begining?

Thanks

Re: How to repair/configure the DNS

In the DNS Manager just recreate the "arpa" zone. Yet again there is a wizard to guide you and if you used teh default all you have to tell DNS is that your Subnet begins 192.168.16 and the wizard will do the rest.
    TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
    http://www.wintra.co.il/
    sigpic
    Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

What is the ID?
      Whay should i select?
      Active Directory-Integreted or standard primary or standard secondary?

Comment

As above, the ID is the first 3 octets of your IP network number. Thus , if your network is 192.168.16.0 then you enter the first 3 numbers - AD integrated.
        TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
        http://www.wintra.co.il/
        sigpic
        Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Many Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X