help a new member

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help a new member

i have just done my first 2000 server with sbs 2000 and I am having trouble with getting the email from the old accounts from pc's onto the domain profiles.

when i want to export to a pst i cannot browse to the server as i am not on the domain. if i get onto the domain i then cannot get the email from the pc account?

i can't think of what to do, there must be something.

I'm sorry but I really couldn't understand what you were saying. Do you think you could you please take a moment to explain what your question is, what is your current config, what you did, what you tried to do, what was the error, and what are you asking.
    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

ok

sorry i didn't explain myself so will have another go.
      I have 2000 server with small business server installed which has exchange on it. Ive set up the accounts for email etc. and they seem to work so as an email server it all works, however each user has a lot of emails and i need this mail to go into their new accounts.

i previously ran a work group with outlook. what i need is to get the mail from the outlook accounts onto the domain accounts.

Ive tried saving it to a .pst file but that is held on the local drive and when i log onto the domain i can't find it. think i am overlooking something really simple as I'm sure you can just drag and drop etc but can't see how ????

Comment

First locate all the old PST files, place them all in one spot, make sure you have permissions to read and write on that folder, then import one PST at a time. If there are too many PST files, you could script this operation, but I believe since you used to work in a workgroup environment you can't have too many accounts.
        Cheers,

Daniel Petri
        Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
        MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Working...
        X