• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't correct time on server

System: SBS 2003
    Server: IBM X226

Hello everybody

I have a problem to change the time on my server to match the local time.
    1. the time zone is correct (Israel - GMT+2)
    2. Time bios is correct
    3. I did the cmd NET TIME \\SERVER\ /set
    but nothing helped! when i change manually the time and stop and restart w32time service, the go back an hour.
    What should i do?

P.S: i read the threads about time changes but didn't find an answer there.

Thank you all

Re: Can't correct time on server

You need to use TZEdit to re-allow Daylight Savings Time (AKA summer time) and tell the server when summer time begins and ends this year. You will need to do the same with the workstations as otherwise there will be an hour time difference between them and the server also (and your meetings in Outlook will be off by an hour).
    Remember we are no longer GMT + 2:00 but GMT + 2:00 + DST which is effectively + 3:00
    TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
    http://www.wintra.co.il/
    sigpic
    Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Thanks again Teiger!

but why in other servers that i support (in other organizations), i don't have this problem?

Anyway i'll do what you say. I believe that it will solve the problem.

Comment

Perhaps you have the time zones set correctly on the other servers you support.

Or maybe Daylight Savings Time option is misconfigured which would only impact you 6 months out of the year and it's a timing thing? (no pun intended!)
        VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
        boche.net - VMware Virtualization Evangelist
        My advice has no warranties. Follow at your own risk.

Comment

Thank You For your answer jasonboche.

The thing is that all my clients servers have been installed by myself, and they are all (approximately) the same configuration.

I am quite sure that the fault is mine, i just can't figure why.

anyway, thank you all, for your time and patience.

Comment

Israel (Jerusalem) does not have an check box for Automatically Adjust for Daylight Savings Time by default. TZEdit restores that check box, but leaves you having to manually update it each year as summer time is announced by the government.

i can only suggest that on some servers you have firewalls blocking the access to time servers on the Internet, so no synchronisation takes place, whilst on servers that are not blocked, unless you adjust with TZEdit you will stay on GMT + 2:00 and every time the server synchs it adjusts the clock back one hour!
            TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
            http://www.wintra.co.il/
            sigpic
            Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Working...
            X