Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Direct Push on SBS2003

Hi all

Has anyone succeeded in getting Direct Push to work on SBS2003?

Im trying to get it to work on SBS2003 with SP1 and SP2 on E2K3.
    Configured a QTek 9100 to connect via GPRS. Manuel sync is OK, I get new Calendar appointments and Mails below 1Kb.
    Has configured the Qtek 9100 to sync when new items arrive with no luck.

What am I missing?

I read somewhere, that the timeout on the IIS should be shanged, its standard 120 sec., I raised it to 2400 sec. But still no luck

Any help? Any links to docs with a complete description on SBS2003

Regards from Denmark
    G Ladefoged

Re: Direct Push on SBS2003

Not much response here

Anyway, I at last succeeded by getting the MSFP-pack for the Qtek 9100

Noone told me, neither MS, that I should have a MSFP-pack for Mobile 5 to the phone. But now I know

G Ladefoged

Comment

Well done on working it out and Thanks for posting your solution back here. I'm sure it will help someone else in the future.
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

I think it is generally true for mobiles, that you have to ask specifically if it supports the Push Technology of Windows Mobile 5, rather than assuming it does.
        TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
        http://www.wintra.co.il/
        sigpic
        Im honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Originally posted by gladefoged
          Not much response here

Anyway, I at last succeeded by getting the MSFP-pack for the Qtek 9100

Noone told me, neither MS, that I should have a MSFP-pack for Mobile 5 to the phone. But now I know

G Ladefoged
          Sorry I missed your post, I dhould have answered it earlier. Indeed, to get push capabilities you need to apply the MSFP (or AKU2 as the vendors call it) on your WM5 device.
          Cheers,

Daniel Petri
          Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
          MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Working...
          X