No announcement yet.

SQL Server and SBS 2003

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQL Server and SBS 2003

I've lost the proper configuration of the two instances of sql server on SBS 2003 Premium SP1.
    Sql Server Standard Edition ver 8.00.2039 (SP4)
    Sql Desktop Engine ver. 8.00.2039 (SP4)

Using svrnetcn.exe I've enabled "named pipe" and "TCP on port 1433" for SHAREPOINT and only "named pipe" for SBSMONITORING but I don't know if this is ok.

At first time I enabled "named pipe" and "TCP 1433" for all the two instances but then sharepoint central administration, companyweb, ecc. can't connect the database after every computer restart.

In the sql log there was logged "Binding failed on port 1433" (translation from italian version) for the SHAREPOINT instance and only SBSMONITORING was listening on 1433 port.

Now only SHAREPOINT has TCP connection and is listening but I don't know if this config is ok.

Can You help me?

Re: SQL Server and SBS 2003

I would remove and reinstall unless you really have a lot of data in Sharepoint
    The relevant KB's are : for Sharepoint and by my friend Nick Whittome
    Probably easier than trying to save something that is too difficult to save.

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
    Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.