Emails Dissapearing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emails Dissapearing

I am posting this here just to get a look from the server side, I have already posted this on the IOS side.

I have a client that has 1 user that is having an email issue. The issue is he has random emails that if viewed even for just a second on his IOS device will disappear from his IOS exchange box and from his Outlook on his desktop. Its very random and hard to know when it will happen. It just happened to him this morning with 3 random emails he received. We are running SBS 2008 with exchange 2007. I can look at the exchange logs and see where the emails hit the exchange server and were passed through just fine, but where they go when they disappear is a mystery.

Re: Emails Dissapearing

Any server side rules in place?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

no rules in place

Comment

Do you have any rules setup to collect deleted email? This is server side and we currently have it set to 30 day where a user, if they delete an email inadvertently, can retrieve the email.

Have you tried a different profile on the phone?

Using an iPhone connects via ActiveSync so it is a direct copy of the recipients inbox so any changes made on the phone will affect the inbox.

Comment

No server side rules either.

Comment

Originally posted by mdpike78 View Post
            No server side rules either.
            That's not what i was talking about. There are settings in Exchange that will keep deleted email for a period that is specified by you.

You still haven't answered the query of whether you have tried a different profile on the phone.

The issue, in my opinion, is NOT with the exchange server but with the profile on the phone.

Comment

Check out the filtering. I've had this hit me several times. The users aren't even aware they are creating a filter with all the "random clicking" they perform.

Comment

Working...
              X