No announcement yet.

Remote Web Workplace Permissions

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remote Web Workplace Permissions

Hi All,

I have a minor issue with RWW and creating new folders/uploading to shares.

Internally on the LAN, all of my shares are restricted by security groups on both the share level and NTFS file level. Users can work happily with no issues at all.

When the same user logs in over RWW, they cannot create new folders or upload files - they can happily view however. I have failed in locating any information to assist, the only post I did come across in my scouring of the interweb suggested setting the share permissions to allow the Everyone group full control - something which I am not altogether keen on doing, despite having the NTFS permissions set too.

Any ideas/suggestions on a postcard

Re: Remote Web Workplace Permissions

So what are your share permissions at the moment? If it is Read then you will need to allow NTFS to control the level of permission as it does now and either set the Everyone group as Full Control or look at adding specific AD groups to the share permissions and setting it as Full Control.

Re: Remote Web Workplace Permissions

The group in question has full control on both the NTFS and share level, all other groups are removed (including everyone) so it really is locked down...