Mail list on 1 line in SBS 2011 OWA?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mail list on 1 line in SBS 2011 OWA?

Is it possible to change the look of OWA in SBS2011 so it displays 1 line per email in a folder?
    The default way takes up way too much space on screen, I preferred the 1 line view that I had in SBS 2003.
    Regards,
    SnijdeA.

Re: Mail list on 1 line in SBS 2011 OWA?

Realy nobody a clue?
    Regards,
    SnijdeA.

Comment

Perhaps you need to explain further?
      Regards,

Lee

Comment

Okay, thanks, I will.

I used to have SBS 2003 and used the webmail a lot.
        In the Inbox I could set to display each email on 1 line where each line would contain From, Subject, Sent etc.
        Now in SBS 2011 I can't seem to do that anymore.
        Each email contains 2 lines and takes up a lot of space.
        Is it possible to change the look so that each email takes up only 1 line?
        Regards,
        SnijdeA.

Comment

It would appear to be a feature, not a bug
          See http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...e-view-missing (Windows Live Login may be required, so to save you trouble...)
          I'd really like to have single-line view implemented too ! Can't believe they removed this option. Untill SP1 you didn't even had the reading pane below option... What are they doing at MS? Force reading pane on the right with dual-line view. I don't want that, I want reading pane below with above single-line view on my 27" wide screen. Dual-line view is a waste of screen space. I almost put owa light as default for my organisation cuz it does have single-line view, but then you loose the reading pane option. I don't get why MS removes options with each new software version. Same sad story with Windows 7...
          Give conversation view an honest try for 30 days and see what you think. User testing has shown that overall someone who tries conversation view for an amount of time ends up being more productive. That is why it defaults to on instead of off. Convesation view will "Show" you want more messages at once than even single line view can. And no... an hour or two is not adequate time.
          Having said that, I have found a script to enable single line view in Exchange 2007 which might work in 2010:
          http://gsexdev.blogspot.co.uk/2009/0...n-owa-for.html
          (use at your own risk as I have no idea how much commonality there is between the two versions)

Finally, can you confirm which Exchange Service Pack you are at (Check in Exchange Management Console under Server Configuration - version 14.3 is SP3, which you should be on, but since it is not a WSUS upgrade you may not)
          Last edited by Ossian; 26th April 2014, 08:15.
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
            Having said that, I have found a script to enable single line view in Exchange 2007 which might work in 2010:
            http://gsexdev.blogspot.co.uk/2009/0...n-owa-for.html
            (use at your own risk as I have no idea how much commonality there is between the two versions)
            Thanks.
            Shame, that link doesn't work.

Finally, can you confirm which Exchange Service Pack you are at (Check in Exchange Management Console under Server Configuration - version 14.3 is SP3, which you should be on, but since it is not a WSUS upgrade you may not)
            It says version 14.1 (Build 218.15).
            I stopped using WSUS and connect directly to Microsoft.
            Regards,
            SnijdeA.

Comment

The link works fine for me - try a different browser or see if you are behind a filter of some sort

You are on Exchange 2010 SP1 - now unsupported.
              You should download and install SP3 from http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/downl....aspx?id=36768
              See http://oxfordsbsguy.com/2013/02/13/h...3-on-sbs-2011/ for install instructions
              Exchange SPs do not come via WSUS or Windows Update - need to be manually put on

This is effectively an uninstall and reinstall of Exchange - all settings are preserved. You will then need to patch to (IIRC) Rollup 5
              Tom Jones
              MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
              PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
              IT Trainer / Consultant
              Ossian Ltd
              Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

The link works fine for me - try a different browser or see if you are behind a filter of some sort
                Tried IE and FF.
                Weird, because a ping gsexdev.blogspot.co.uk gives me:
                Ping request could not find host gsexdev.blogspot.co.uk. Please check the name and try again.

Resolve issue ...

You are on Exchange 2010 SP1 - now unsupported.
                You should download and install SP3 from http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/downl....aspx?id=36768
                See http://oxfordsbsguy.com/2013/02/13/h...3-on-sbs-2011/ for install instructions
                Exchange SPs do not come via WSUS or Windows Update - need to be manually put on

This is effectively an uninstall and reinstall of Exchange - all settings are preserved. You will then need to patch to (IIRC) Rollup 5
                Thanks, will look into that.
                Regards,
                SnijdeA.

Comment

Weird ...
                  DNS on my SBS uses root hints by default and with that I can't seem to find any .co.uk address.
                  When I add a forwarder 8.8.8.8 I can find them.
                  How weird is that?
                  Regards,
                  SnijdeA.

Comment

Cleared the cache on my DNS server and it worked again, until a few days later, I had to clear the cache again ...
                    Regards,
                    SnijdeA.

Comment

Working...
                    X