SBS 2011 doesn't get all updates?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SBS 2011 doesn't get all updates?

On my SBS 2011 server I have set Server Updates to High, so that all updates are automatically approved.
    All updates, that were offered by WSUS, are installed.
    But when I go to Windows Update and select "Check online for updates from Windows Update", I get 49 important updates and 6 optional updates.
    How come?
    I thought WSUS should cover all updates.
    Regards,
    SnijdeA.

Re: SBS 2011 doesn't get all updates?

Now I see the same behaviour on my client computers. When I get the updates from WSUS, all is okay, but when I click on "Check online for updates from Windows Update", I get more updates.
    Why is that?
    Regards,
    SnijdeA.

Comment

Updates are generally released to WSUS after they are made generally available by Microsoft, so there are almost lways more updates available directly. There can also be a delay of up to 24 hours from an update being approved by WSUS before it's available to clients.
      BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
      sigpic
      Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Updates of the year 2012 should be in WSUS by now, or not?
        Regards,
        SnijdeA.

Comment

I would expect so. Updates only download in WSUS as required I.e. when your clients (servers and workstations, I mean clients of the WSUS server) synchronise with the server the server then determines from that which updates are required. So it is possible that updates that WSUS considers unnecessary are not there.
          BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
          sigpic
          Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Thanks.
            They are all security updates, so I don't think I want to trust WSUS.
            I have added a new GPO to revert to microsoftupdate.com and now I simply get all the updates.
            Regards,
            SnijdeA.

Comment

Working...
            X