SBS 2011, outlook 2010 asking for password

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SBS 2011, outlook 2010 asking for password

I have a problem on an SBS 2011 server, all of a sudden, all outlook 2010 clients are asking for a password every time outlook is opened, and also randomly whilst it is open.

The certificates on the server are self signed ones, which may be a problem, but they have not expired.

I have searched on Google and tried quite a few things - including looking in windows credentials manager and several fixes related to that. checked for service pack level on clients (fully up to date) changing authentication settings in outlook, changing exchange over http settings, to no avail.

I have ordered a UCC certificate today from godaddy, in the hope that it will resolve the issue, but I am not 100% sure that it will.

Any ideas?
    David Silvester
    Systems Administrator

Re: SBS 2011, outlook 2010 asking for password

are your clients on the domain ?
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Originally posted by tehcamel View Post
      are your clients on the domain ?
      Yes they are all joined to the domain. using a mix of windows XP (soon to be replaced) and windows 7 pro.

Everything has been working fine since the new server was installed about 4 months ago. then all of a sudden this issue arises.
      David Silvester
      Systems Administrator

Comment

I have purchased and installed the correct certificate now - it validates remote.domain.com,autodiscover.domain.com and server.domain.local.

Still same issue.

I just checked all updates on server and client.

Now I have tried to pinpoint the issue - it seems to just be happening when I try to download the global address book - every time I do that, the credentials prompt comes up, if I just do a normal send and receive, no prompt.
        David Silvester
        Systems Administrator

Comment

Check all your services are running and confirm that the user you are logged in as is the same as the user you are connecting to exchange with

Comment

I have resolved the issue now, and as always with me, it was something stupid that I overlooked:
            I installed the latest service pack for exchange and it resolved the issue!
            David Silvester
            Systems Administrator

Comment

Working...
            X