Import PUB1.edb onto new server?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Import PUB1.edb onto new server?

My SBS2003 server died, but I was able to get the PRIV1.edb, PRIV1.stm, PUB1.edb and PUB1.stm off the old drives. The public folders containing the calendar and contacts list is the only thing I need... desperately.

I was able to reinstall our SBS2003 software on another box, all the users are up, etc.... but now I need the calendar and contacts list. How can I accomplish this? I understand I can't just copy the files somewhere on the new server...... can someone help please?

Sincerely,
    Mich

Re: Import PUB1.edb onto new server?

if you reinstalled SBS with all the same settings - same domain, same hostname, etc,
    you should just be able to do a recovery install of exchange..
    from vague recollection at least
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Re: Import PUB1.edb onto new server?

Originally posted by mp04279 View Post
      My SBS2003 server died, but I was able to get the PRIV1.edb, PRIV1.stm, PUB1.edb and PUB1.stm off the old drives. The public folders containing the calendar and contacts list is the only thing I need... desperately.

I was able to reinstall our SBS2003 software on another box, all the users are up, etc.... but now I need the calendar and contacts list. How can I accomplish this? I understand I can't just copy the files somewhere on the new server...... can someone help please?

Sincerely,
      Mich
      Seeing as you've recovered and re-installed SBS on another server presumably you've also re-installed Exchange? If your new installation differs in configuration to the previous install such as name,domain etc then you'll likely need to use a 3rd party recovery tool like Kernel for Exchange Server Recovery. For the price and the ease of recovery, bearing in mind Public Folder DB restores can be painful sometimes depending on the state of your installation id recommend Kernel.

http://www.nucleustechnologies.com/E...Faoewwodr0UAbw

Comment

Working...
      X