No announcement yet.

SBS 2011 WAN IP change

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SBS 2011 WAN IP change

I would like to move an existing SBS 2011 server to a new higher speed broadband line. This will involve changing the WAN IP for the server. I am happy with setting up the new router and pointing the required A records and MX record to the new WAN IP.

My concern is with the GoDaddy issued SSL certificate.

Will the certificate still work with the revised WAN IP?

Re: SBS 2011 WAN IP change

SSL doesn't care about the iP Address.

As long as your public hostname that's registered on the SSL certificate resolves correctly to your new ip, it's fine.
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point

Thank you...

Sorry another question...?

I am assuming that I won't need to run any wizards or make any other changes on the server? The router will be manually configured and I do not intend to make any changes to local IP addresses. The new router will have the same gateway address as the old router and dhcp is handled by the server.

COrrect - no server/lan changes required
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Thank you - much appreciated.