Manually editing pop3 connector settings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manually editing pop3 connector settings

I have a SBS 2011 on which the console.exe crashes when i go to the network tab. I have to go there to edit the pop3 connector settings. Since it crashes i cannot go there and i need to be there since we switched from hosting providers.

How can i manually edit the pop3 connector settings?

I already tried opening the console in safe mode, it also crashes when i go to the network tab.

SMTP is out (you Always get answers telling you to use SMTP instead of pop3).

[edit]

in the dir C:\Program Files\Windows Small Business Server\Data is a file called pop3records.dat
    It appears the records are in here.
    Editing with notepad is not a good idea. Will look into it.

[update]

opening in Excel works, but alle the passwords for the mailboxes are hashed (wich is a good thing) and that leaves me still stuck.

[another update]

so manually editing the pop3connector settings did not work so i went to look to the console problems. Tons of Google hits on that one.

I finally got one that edited the console.exe.config file to disable a page in /safe mode.

Go to the C:\Program Files\Windows Small Business Server\Bin folder en edit the console.exe.config file

There you see the pages that are enabled when you launch the sonsole in /safe mode.

Since i thought my console crashes when i go to the network path and it checks on all computer that was a good way to close that. So i changed my "true" to "false" saved the file to my desktop since i cannot save it to that folder at once. Renamed the old file and copied the new one from my desktop to the bin folder and after that i started the console in /safe mode and i could enter the pop3 connector to change my settings.

Thanks Google!!! and Technet.

i Always hate it to find unanswered questions so i posted my "solution" to my problem here to support petri.co.il since i find it a great source on SBS problems.
    Last edited by jantje.vlaam; 12th January 2014, 16:59.

Hey dude,
    this post is years ago, but i will write down two things to this post.

1. We found out, if the network tab crashes in the SBS Console, you only have to stop the IIS Service (WWW publishing service) and after that in most cases you can enter the network tab.

2. If you need the passwords from the pop3 Connector in the SBS Console and you can access the pop3 connector then you can use the tool "asterisk logger" it shows you ***** password fields in clear text (if the password is unencrypted in the memory of your computer) it works with SBS Server!

Comment

Working...
    X