No announcement yet.

Manually editing pop3 connector settings

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manually editing pop3 connector settings

I have a SBS 2011 on which the console.exe crashes when i go to the network tab. I have to go there to edit the pop3 connector settings. Since it crashes i cannot go there and i need to be there since we switched from hosting providers.

How can i manually edit the pop3 connector settings?

I already tried opening the console in safe mode, it also crashes when i go to the network tab.

SMTP is out (you Always get answers telling you to use SMTP instead of pop3).

in the dir C:\Program Files\Windows Small Business Server\Data is a file called pop3records.dat
    It appears the records are in here.
    Editing with notepad is not a good idea. Will look into it.

opening in Excel works, but alle the passwords for the mailboxes are hashed (wich is a good thing) and that leaves me still stuck.

[another update]

so manually editing the pop3connector settings did not work so i went to look to the console problems. Tons of Google hits on that one.

I finally got one that edited the console.exe.config file to disable a page in /safe mode.

Go to the C:\Program Files\Windows Small Business Server\Bin folder en edit the console.exe.config file

There you see the pages that are enabled when you launch the sonsole in /safe mode.

Since i thought my console crashes when i go to the network path and it checks on all computer that was a good way to close that. So i changed my "true" to "false" saved the file to my desktop since i cannot save it to that folder at once. Renamed the old file and copied the new one from my desktop to the bin folder and after that i started the console in /safe mode and i could enter the pop3 connector to change my settings.

Thanks Google!!! and Technet.

i Always hate it to find unanswered questions so i posted my "solution" to my problem here to support since i find it a great source on SBS problems.
    Last edited by jantje.vlaam; 12th January 2014, 16:59.