No announcement yet.

SBS 2008 to 2011 - RedirectedFolders

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SBS 2008 to 2011 - RedirectedFolders

Just a few days away from the end of time (21 days) when the old server will shut down...and I am STILL frustrated with RedirectedFolders....

The MS Migration guide said to use robocopy to create the folder structure on the Destination server, then edit the GPO to point to the new server. Have everyone logout and logon a few times, and VOILA - all good. Not so much on this end. Folders STAY on the original server, nothing has moved over to the new server.

the permissions of this folder are so obtuse, that moving them in any way, shape, or form, is an impossibility.

Anyone have any ideas? Maybe you've run into this snafu and know a way around it...

Re: SBS 2008 to 2011 - RedirectedFolders

Only thing that ever works IME is disabling redirection on the old server and reenabling on the new. The MS migration guide lists it as the last step, I've been in your situation so I always do it first.
    BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
    Cruachan's Blog

Re: SBS 2008 to 2011 - RedirectedFolders

I can't seem to find that step...
      Disable it through the SBS console on the old server?

I just would be so happy to see my data show up on the new server! The migration guide just says to point the GPO to the new server and by people logging in and out the data will move from the old server to the new....huh? That just doesn't seem possible. Googling turns up a setting for the GPO something along the lines of "move data to new destination" but I can't find that....