No announcement yet.

Changing from SBS2000 to SBS2003

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing from SBS2000 to SBS2003

I have build a totally new Server with a clean SBS 2003 Standard Edt. outside our network domain. At this time we use our 'old' SBS 2000 Server. Both Servers are configured as PDC's with the same domain name, the only difference is the name of the Server itself.

My only concern is what will happen when I hook up the new 2003 SBS Server to our existing network where the SBS 2000 Server is the PDC? Will they 'bite' each other?
    And if they don't bite each other how can I easily migrate the Exchange Data, User Profiles etc to the new 2003 SBS Server? Program Files aren't the issue because everything will be fresh installed again onto the new Server. Can both servers temporarily run aside each other for a while?

Re: Changing from SBS2000 to SBS2003

You cannot!!! No way. Sorry. You cannot have both servers in the network at the same time.
    You have to look at the migration docs and/or

If you want further info then contact me off list.

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
    Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.