RDP Printing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RDP Printing

Hi folks, can anyone help with RDP printing, we have 2 users who remote on a server, the server is 2k11, there AD has connect client printers at logon ticked but they cannot print, from what I gather the printer is not even there as an option, what else do I have to do for this to work.

Thanks

Re: RDP Printing

For printer redirection, the printer has to be installed on the client PC and the server has to have the drivers available. Installing the printer drivers for one user is usually sufficient, E.g. log on as Administrator and do it.
    BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
    sigpic
    Cruachan's Blog

Comment

They are using remote desktop services, do you still need to install the printer on the server, if so what do you install the printer as, usb etc,

Im sure there is another user who has there local printer working without it installed on the RDS box, will need to double check.

Comment

An update, 2 of the users log onto the RDS server and cannot see there local printers, both have the exact same printer, there is a 3rd user who logs onto the RDS server (not sure printer Model) and it works fine, when that person logs onto the machine that the other 2 use that user can see the printer.

Checked local resources on the rdp client and printers is ticked, any ideas.

Thanks

Comment

For those interested, updated .net and the RDP client and problem resolved, it appears these machines were never ever updated

Comment

Thanks for posting back. Out of curiosity, were these XP machines? Now that you've told me the fix I have a hazy memory of something similar in the past where TS Easyprint would crash on the client if .net wasn't fully up to date, even had to install a hotfix on a couple of machines.
            BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
            sigpic
            Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Yes these were XP machines, there is still one pc that will not play ball so they have decided to buy new machines as these things are a shed of sh^te.

Comment

Working...
              X