Dcom 10009

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dcom 10009

I have been getting this message for several weeks where DCOM was unable to communicate with the computer with any of the configured protocols.

Now the issue is this is a MAC OSX, but I have 4 of them here...and I don't get the message for any other ones! What is this telling me?

Re: Dcom 10009

Originally posted by taihackmienphi
    Now the issue is this is a MAC OSX, but I have 4 of them here...and I don't get the message for any other ones! What is this telling me?
    thanks
    Hello, is something missing or just retracted?

Comment

Just a spammer posting c**p
      Banned and c**p deleted

Move along, nothing to see here...
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

DCOM errors like this usually occur because a computer gets a DHCP address which is registered in DNS. Then something happens which moves the machine address, but the DNS address does not get adjusted.
        Check that the address of teh machine in DNS matches its actual current IP address.
        TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
        http://www.wintra.co.il/
        sigpic
        Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

SBS tries to use the common components to connect to the workstations in the network and query them for the status that you see in the SBS console.

If it's non-windows computers, or non-domain computers, you're seeing this for, it's ok
          Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Working...
          X