SBS2011 Event Id 55 NTFS @ 11:01 PM

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SBS2011 Event Id 55 NTFS @ 11:01 PM

SBS2011 standard running flawless for a couple of years.

Last 3 nights has logged NTFS Event Id 55 at exactly 11:01 PM. on our data partition which is part of our raid 5 array.

Event Details:
    The file system structure on the disk is corrupt and unusable. Please run the chkdsk utility on the volume OurData.

CHKNTFS ,CHKDSK as well as SERVER MANAGER and DELL SERVER MANAGER show no sign of any problem.

Seems to me like something else that runs around 11: PM must be the thing causing the problem but I have no idea how to determine what it is.

Is there a list somewhere of the default times "stuff" runs on SBS2011

Any help appreciated. Thanks
    Last edited by TuckerJ; 23rd August 2013, 20:12.

Re: SBS2011 Event Id 55 NTFS @ 11:01 PM

Do you have Kaspersky installed per chance?
    Regards,

Lee

Comment

Had to look up Kaspersky to find out what it was.

Trend Micro for virus.

But thanks
      Last edited by TuckerJ; 23rd August 2013, 20:23.

Comment

Is there a backup running at that time? I've seen similar log entries for the VSS snapshots created during backups.

VSS creates a block level snapshot of the volume being backed up.

Comment

Originally posted by joeqwerty View Post
          Is there a backup running at that time? I've seen similar log entries for the VSS snapshots created during backups.

VSS creates a block level snapshot of the volume being backed up.

Thanks Joe as it turns out the SBS backup runs at 11:00 PM. Not sure why I didn't look at it before but the backup is finishing without error.

I have run chkdsk a few times during the day without "fix" checked and it said there were no errors. BUT.....
          I ran it after a reboot and it said it fixed something but I cannot find any \found.xxx folder. Does that mean that no data resides where it was fixed?

I even tried from a cmd prompt run as administrator and no FOUND directory.

Thanks
          Last edited by TuckerJ; 24th August 2013, 15:22.

Comment

Doesn't always create a FOUND directory. It may have fixed it in a non-destructive way.
            TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
            http://www.wintra.co.il/
            sigpic
            Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Working...
            X