Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SBS 2011 Exchange SP1 > SP3

Hi,

Can you install Exchange 2010 SP1 straight to Exchange SP3 on SBS 2011?

I'm pretty sure the service packs are cumulative so the answer would be a yes, but just thought I'd double check!

Thanks
    Lee
    Regards,

Lee

Re: SBS 2011 Exchange SP1 > SP3

I hope you mean SP3 straight over SP1 and not the other way around!!!

Since the SP is effectively a removal and reinstall, yes, you can
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Yeah - I mean if you have a current install of Exch 2010 SP1 - can you just install SP3 without having to install SP2 first.

A yes then!
      Regards,

Lee

Comment

Yes you can. Service Packs are cumulative, so SP3 will contain everything in SP1 and SP2 as well as whatever is new in SP3.

Comment

Keep in mind that SP3 carried out an update of the AD schema as well, so therefore, if you are not preparing the Forest prior to running the setup, you need to use an account that is a member of the Schema Admins and Enterprise Admins to carry out the installation.

Comment

Is there any good reason that SP3 Exchange is not installed automatically by SBS2011 WSUS? Also, what benefit is there ot installing SP3 for exchange?
            Peter

Comment

Exchange Service Packs (unlike RollUps) do not come under WSUS, probably because installation is a major operation and should not be done casually

For the benefits, review http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l...xchg.141).aspx and related links, but basically if fixes a large number of bugs and SP1 is now out of support.
              Tom Jones
              MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
              PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
              IT Trainer / Consultant
              Ossian Ltd
              Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
              X