Setup OWA on SBS2003

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setup OWA on SBS2003

Let me preface this by saying I've never setup this type of service but from what I've read, it's done through the server manager and I've run through the "connect to the internet wizard" making sure OWA was checked but I still cannot access email for this client over the web.

I have also checked to make sure the ports(80, 443 & 4125) on the firewall are opened.

Re: Setup OWA on SBS2003

Start by testing if it works
    a) on the SBS box (go to htt p://localhost/exchange)
    b) within the LAN (htt p://sbsname/exchange)

That will determine where the problem is

I'm moving the whole thread to the relevant SBS forum for better responses
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
      Start by testing if it works
      a) on the SBS box (go to htt p://localhost/exchange)
      b) within the LAN (htt p://sbsname/exchange)

That will determine where the problem is

I'm moving the whole thread to the relevant SBS forum for better responses
      thx for the move.

when going to htt p://localhost/exchange, from the sbs server it does resolve to the OWA site -
      It works the same when testing within the LAN as well.
      Last edited by blkbelt65; 19th August 2013, 17:45.

Comment

So there seems to be no problem with OWA
        Suggest you revisit your router/firewall and confirm the ports are open -- some have a disable option so you see the forwarding, but it is not active

WHat is the make/model of router?
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Sorry for the late reply I've been out of the office for the last week.

Thanks Ossian, that's exactly what it was, one of the ports on the server was not configured correctly, once I corrected that OWA is now working.

Comment

Glad you got it sorted, and thanks for reporting back
            Tom Jones
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

Comment

What exactly did you correct that the "CEICW - Connect to Internet" didn't fix?
              TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
              http://www.wintra.co.il/
              sigpic
              Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

I think (from context) he meant a port on the ROUTER, which the wizard wouldn't be able to help with
                Tom Jones
                PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                IT Trainer / Consultant
                Ossian Ltd
                Scotland

Comment

Working...
                X