Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fax Server - Send to email

Hi All
    I am having trouble with server fax sending received faxes as emails. I am not using ME Exchange and when I setup the SMTP settings on the Fax setup it doesn't allow for authentication on outgoing SMTP emails. All email providers require you to use authentication nowadays when sending emails by SMTP to prevent spam.
    I had a solution until last week by using lavabit.com email that didn't require any authentication for sending email via SMTP protocol.
    Anyone have any ideas how to get around this?

Re: Fax Server - Send to email

What is the Server OS and SP level?
    Is this the faxing built into Windows Server or is it third party?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

SBS 2003 SP2
      It's the built in fax Server

Comment

OK, moving the thread to the SBS forum

Since SBS is built around Exchange, this may be the issue -- when you say you aren't using it, is it installed and not used, or is it not installed
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

We used to use Exchange but we migrated to Google Apps, so I imagine it's still installed.

Comment

You could setup a local SMTP relay and with outbound authentication. So the fax server would send to the local SMTP relay, and then the relay would authenticate and send via the Google servers.
            Regards,
            Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
            Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
            www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Working...
            X