New SBS 2011, many errors and warnings at boot

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New SBS 2011, many errors and warnings at boot

Recently I have installed a new SBS 2011 server and I am surprised about the many errors and warnings in the event logs.

Shortly after the reboot I see the following in the system log:

Warning
    Event ID 104
    SourceDNS Client Events
    Name resolution for the name _ldap._tcp.Default-First-Site-Name._sites.<domain>.local timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.

Warning
    Event ID 40961
    Source LsaSrv
    The Security System could not establish a secured connection with the server ldap/<domain>.local/<domain>[email protected]<domain>.LOCAL. No authentication protocol was available.

Error
    Event ID 7022
    Source Service Control Manager
    The Microsoft Exchange Transport service hung on starting.

Warning
    Event ID 10154
    Source Windows Remote Management
    The WinRM service failed to create the following SPNs: WSMAN/<domain>.<domain>.local; WSMAN/<server>.

Additional Data
    The error received was 8344: %%8344.

User Action
    The SPNs can be created by an administrator using setspn.exe utility.

And I see this in the application log:

Many times:

Warning
    EventID 8230
    SourceVSS
    Volume Shadow Copy Service error: Failed resolving account spsearch with status 1376. Check connection to domain controller and VssAccessControl registry key.

Operation:
    Initializing Writer

Context:
    Writer Class Id: {b2014c9e-8711-4c5c-a5a9-3cf384484757}
    Writer Name: NTDS

Error-specific details:
    Error: NetLocalGroupGetMemebers(spsearch), 0x80070560, The specified local group does not exist.

Warning
    Event ID 91
    Source CertificationAuthority
    Could not connect to the Active Directory. Active Directory Certificate Services will retry when processing requires Active Directory access.

Warning
    Event ID 6005
    Source Winlogon
    The winlogon notification subscriber <GPClient> is taking long time to handle the notification event (CreateSession).

Warning
    Event ID 57
    Source SharePoint Foundation Search
    A database error occurred. Source: Microsoft SQL Server Native Client 10.0 Code: 18456 occurred 1 time(s) Description: Login failed for user '<domain>\spsearch'.

Context: Application 'c9183c5e-c598-4a40-afcc-22bbde4ab1b8'

Warning
    Event ID 57
    A database error occurred. Source: Microsoft SQL Server Native Client 10.0 Code: 4060 occurred 1 time(s) Description: Cannot open database "WSS_Search_<server>" requested by the login. The login failed.

Error
    Event ID 67
    Could not access the Search database. A generic error occurred while trying to access the database to obtain the schema version info.

Details:
    Unspecified error
    (0x80004005)

Many times :

Event ID 8230
    Source VSS
    Volume Shadow Copy Service error: Failed resolving account spsearch with status 1376. Check connection to domain controller and VssAccessControl registry key.

Operation:
    Initializing Writer

Context:
    Writer Class Id: {afbab4a2-367d-4d15-a586-71dbb18f8485}
    Writer Name: Registry Writer

Error-specific details:
    Error: NetLocalGroupGetMemebers(spsearch), 0x80070560, The specified local group does not exist.

Is this normal?
    Regards,
    SnijdeA.

Re: New SBS 2011, many errors and warnings at boot

Install all available updates for Windows, Exchange, and SBS and then run the SBSBPA (be sure to update that too) and fix an issues it shows. Then check the event log.

I will say that some of those are to be expected after the reboot but I didn't read through all the error.
    Regards,
    Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
    Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
    www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Re: New SBS 2011, many errors and warnings at boot

Thanks, just tried to get all updates but WSUS is not responding, can't get any updates, there is more wrong with this server, will start again from scratch.
      Regards,
      SnijdeA.

Comment

Working...
      X