No announcement yet.

Second Exchange 2003 on existing SBS

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second Exchange 2003 on existing SBS

Hi all, just a quick question, I have SBS2003 network with exchange 2003 on it. I also have installed Second DC on another site. If I want to install Exchange 2003 Standard on the second DC, do I need to buy seperate CALS or will it use the existing SBS license ?

Re: Second Exchange 2003 on existing SBS

I don't want to get too heavily into licensing as I don't pretend to understand it (neither do MS, BTW :>) but the SBS CAL only covers you for the apps on the SBS server until the updated version comes out later this year.

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
    Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Re: Second Exchange 2003 on existing SBS

We have successfully deployed exchange on the second site. We require License (CALS) for Exchange. Unless if we wait for the second release of Win2003 SBS then license will use from the SBS. Setting up Exchange is simple and it will join to the existing one in the SBS domain. No issues encountered.