No announcement yet.

Adding 2008 r2 to SBS 2011 std domain

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding 2008 r2 to SBS 2011 std domain

I recently had to reload the operating system on an SBS 2011 server (no good system image to recover from). After setting up the domain, and getting all the users and workstations back on, I can not get a 2008 R2 server I have to join the domain. The 2008 server was a member of the domain before. I have added it at the 2011 controller in the SBS Server container under SBS business container. When I try to log that server on to the domain, I get a message that the computer is not trusted on the domain. When I look at the properties of the 2008 server it shows it as being a member of the domain. I can log on to the 2008 server with my domain credntials if the network cable is unplugged. Do I need to join a workgroup on the 2008 server first, and then rejoin the domain?

Re: Adding 2008 r2 to SBS 2011 std domain

I would always disjoin the domain (change to workgroup, remembering to have a valid local admin password ) then rejoin the domain, so I would try that in the first instance
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **