No announcement yet.

RWW Internal Web Site access

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RWW Internal Web Site access

I have a SBS2008 Server running RWW. What I am trying to accomplish is connect to RWW, log in with a standard user account. I have the option for Internal Web Site.
    I click on Internal Web Site. Now, I get prompted, type in the username/password and get this error message:
    Error: Access Denied
    You are currently signed in as: domain\username

When I log in as Administrator and click on Internal Web Site, I am able to access the web site, no problem.

I need to have this user account only access a certain Document Library and just have Read only access, but not to the entire intranet, only to this specific Document Library.
    I've logged into the SBS Server and acccessed the Intranet site and went to Site Settings, but I don't see where I can add this user account so they only have access to a particular Document Library. There are folders that they only need to have read access. Can someone point me in the right direction to give the correct permissions to the user account.

Re: RWW Internal Web Site access

I was wondering if anyone has any information on what I can do to resolve this issue.
    Even if I can grant the user to access the Internal Web Site, that is the initial problem, so I don't know where the permissions are to grant this user access while connecting through RWW.

Re: RWW Internal Web Site access

Internal and external permissions are the same.

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
      Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.