How can I make redirected folders viewable by other users

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I make redirected folders viewable by other users

I have an SBS 2011 network in a small 15 user environment.
    I have configured roaming profiles as well as redirected folders via GPO (redirected desktop and docs for all users).

I did not do this via the SBS console, but made my own OU in AD and done the redirects manually using group policy. - I know I probably shouldnt have done this, but its really down to habbit.

Anyway, All of the redirected folders get permissions set so that they are only viewable by each individual user and no one else.

This is a problem for the company because they want the two directors and the accountant to be able to access all users documents.

I have tried resetting the permissions by first taking ownership of one of the redirects, and then setting full access for me, system, the user, the two directors and creator owner. then setting the owner back to the user in question.

But next time they log in, it all gets reset and again I cannot access the folder.

Just wondering if its possible to achieve this, and if so, how.
    David Silvester
    Systems Administrator

Re: How can I make redirected folders viewable by other users

look at the folder redirection policy, the option for 'grant user exclusive rights to the my documents folder" is probably ticked

Untick, run gpupdate /force and then reset your permissions

should be ok

Comment

Originally posted by MrAliC View Post
      look at the folder redirection policy, the option for 'grant user exclusive rights to the my documents folder" is probably ticked

Untick, run gpupdate /force and then reset your permissions

should be ok
      That makes sense. I didn't know about that option. I will check that today.
      David Silvester
      Systems Administrator

Comment

Yes that option was ticked.
        Hopefully sorted now, thanks.
        David Silvester
        Systems Administrator

Comment

Working...
        X