SBS2011 multiple domains single user

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SBS2011 multiple domains single user

I'm not sure which forum is more relevant, SBS 2011 or Exchange 2010. I recently completed a swing from Server/Exchange 2003 (non SBS) to SBS 2011. I have users who need to respond to emails from 2 different domains. It was set up and working on my old server, but has broken on the new SBS 2011 box.

The problem I have is that using the SBS console, I cannot have 2 users with the same full name, or with the same email name before the @ symbol.

Example: Let's say John Doe has [email protected] and [email protected]. On the old server, I had 2 user accounts, both called John Doe, but the login name for the second account was johndoexyz. The login name differentiated the two accounts, and I could set up the separate mailboxes no problem. Exchange & server 2003 didn't care that there were 2 accounts with a full name of John Doe, or that the email name is jdoe for both domains (@abc and @xyz).

Now on my 2011 box, both accounts show up in SBS console. However, I cannot make any changes to either account, because SBS console complains about either the full name, or the email address being the same (at least, the text before the @ symbol).

What is the suggested course here? Do I just have 1 user account in the SBS console, and create a second user & mailbox using ADUC, grant the SBS user full mailbox access? Will doing this break any of the SBS integration?

Re: SBS2011 multiple domains single user

New accepted domain in exchange for the second domain
    Email address policy to apply secondary smtp address to user if required

?

Comment

Working...
    X