Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recurring appointments from OWA not recurring in Outlook

Hi All,

I have an SBS 2003 R2 server, fully up to date, which hosts my mailbox.

When I add an appointment in OWA, it appears in Outlook 2003 on a Windows XP client and it appears in Outlook 2010 on Windows 7.
    This is fine.

When I add a recurring appointment in OWA, it appears non recurring in Outlook 2003 on a Windows XP client and it appears non recurring in Outlook 2010 on Windows 7.
    On both computers I only see the appointment on the first date.
    When I then open the appointment in Outlook 2003 or 2010 and click on Recurrence, I do see that recurrence was set.

When I create a recurring appointment in Outlook, it appears recurring in OWA.

Does anybody know why this happens?
    Regards,
    SnijdeA.

Re: Recurring appointments from OWA not recurring in Outlook

Originally posted by adin12
    How to manage this pproblem
    Thanks, but what are you trying to tell me?
    Regards,
    SnijdeA.

Comment

He was trying to tell you he was a spammer, posting c**p to get to the post count when he could post links.

Now banned and all posts deleted -- normal service has resumed!

For your problem, have you tried disabling cached mode in Outlook and seeing if behaviour changes?
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
        He was trying to tell you he was a spammer, posting c**p to get to the post count when he could post links.

Now banned and all posts deleted -- normal service has resumed!

For your problem, have you tried disabling cached mode in Outlook and seeing if behaviour changes?
        Thanks, but I don't use cached mode, plus, the problem only occurs when I schedule an appointment through OWA and that doesn't use cached mode either.
        It's just weird.
        Regards,
        SnijdeA.

Comment

I created an export of my mailbox to PST with Outlook, deleted my mailbox, created a new mailbox, imported the PST again and it works flawlessly now.
          Regards,
          SnijdeA.

Comment

Thanks for posting back with your solution.
            TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
            http://www.wintra.co.il/
            sigpic
            Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Working...
            X