Bounce backs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bounce backs

I'm having issues sending to 2 domains. I get the same bounce back each time, this is an address that I've sent to dozens of time before. Now I'm getting this:

mydomain #5.5.0 smtp;550 myip is not allowed to send mail from mydomain

MX records are fine.

I've tried to google this bounce but I am coming up with nothing; I'm hoping someone here can help... please...

Re: Bounce backs

It is quite possible you have been blacklisted -- it is certainly worth checking

What are the target domains?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: Bounce backs

Originally posted by leastcmplicated View Post
      I'm having issues sending to 2 domains. I get the same bounce back each time, this is an address that I've sent to dozens of time before. Now I'm getting this:

mydomain #5.5.0 smtp;550 myip is not allowed to send mail from mydomain

MX records are fine.

I've tried to google this bounce but I am coming up with nothing; I'm hoping someone here can help... please...
      http://www.dnsbl.info/

As already said sounds like your IP address has been black listed. Check with the link above to confirm. If this is the case you need to get to the root of the problem as you may be relaying UCE or have some form of malware/virus in your network.

If you are not blacklisted ask the remote host to whitelist your domain or IP address.

Comment

Working...
      X