Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would someone PLEASE instruct me as to how to REMOVE Windows Small Bus. Server ??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would someone PLEASE instruct me as to how to REMOVE Windows Small Bus. Server ??

Obviously, Windows exchange Server SBS 2003 is way out of my league!! While I would love to learn how to take advantage of its many outstanding features, @ this point I am simply hoping to get my system back to it prior state of XP Pro. I believe that most of my info is still burried in thr hard drive, but I am not able to back it up to a external hard drrive, connect to the internet, add or use any of my existing periperal devices, etc. I have tried the add/remove programs - removed everything associated with windows, yet the operating system remains. Someone please Help with any info you could share. Any help is VERY much appreciated.

Thanxs,

Rich (a new member who is very impressed with this site. Nice work! Happy New Year!)

Re: Would someone PLEASE instruct me as to how to REMOVE Windows Small Bus. Server ??

Let me get it right: You want to UNINSTALL SBS from your computer and return to using Windows XP? Am I right?????!!!!?!?!?!???!!!

You must be joking.

Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Re: Would someone PLEASE instruct me as to how to REMOVE Windows Small Bus. Server ?

Whilst I agree with Daniels comments it isn't quite what you want to hear. I assume you have been 'playing' with SBS and now its stuck on your PC. Basically you need to somehow backup any data you can find (USB pen, external hd if you can get it working, clone/image the hardrive) and then format the HD and install XP fresh. You are not going to uninstall SBS and have XP as you left it - back to what Daniel was hinting at.
      Server 2000 MCP
      Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Re: Would someone PLEASE instruct me as to how to REMOVE Windows Small Bus. Server ??

If you left XP Pro on the system and want to log into it, you will need to set the BIOS for allowing you to select which OS to choose. It will run with the default if this option is not enabled on most systems. You could also attempt hitting the F8 key during the boot process to see if you can get to the windows boot menu.

If you just want to reistall a fresh copy of XP Pro, boot from the CD and format the drive SBS resides upon and then install into that drive/partition.

Am I close or are you asking something else?

Comment

Originally posted by jeremie_ingram
          If you left XP Pro on the system and want to log into it, you will need to set the BIOS for allowing you to select which OS to choose. It will run with the default if this option is not enabled on most systems.
          I'm not aware of any BIOS option for that, sorry. Could you please show me how to do that? As far as I know, dual boot options are set from the BOOT.INI file, not the BIOS.
          Cheers,

Daniel Petri
          Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
          MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

When you installed SBS 2003 did you delete existing partitions or did you create a new partition for the install??

By the looks of it you have formatted and installed SBS on your XP partition and you will need to format and start again with XP.

Do you get an option when booting to boot into XP or SBS at all??

Comment

Working...
            X