Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SBS 2011 pop3 connector lost email

Hi all
    Trying to complete a migration. Got my SBS 2011 box online, exchange configured, set up a pop3 connector for my own mailbox to retrieve emails from external host. THat worked OK. SO I set pop3 connector for my boss' account. That seemed to take a while - eventually I aborted the process. None of the new emails appeared in my boss' mailbox, and they are all gone off of the external host.

I can see in the message tracking log that lots of messages were downloaded. However, they aren't in the mailbox. Any ideas if I can recover them?

Re: SBS 2011 pop3 connector lost email

Has the size of the mailbox increased? Using CEM mode on Outlook? Can you view them in OWA?
    Regards,

Lee

Comment

Are you sure you selected the correct destination mailbox?
      Regards,

Lee

Comment

Hello

Thanks for the reply. I should add some information. As per the migration procedure, I increased the size of the mailbox to 4GB (using EMC on the new server) before moving it from the old server to the new server. However, I missed the step of setting the user's properties on the old server. The mailbox moved over fine, but the user's properties reflected 2GB size limit, so Outlook complained to him that his 2.2GB mailbox was full.

I did not catch this until after I had configured the SBS2011 POP3 connector. So, SBS would have been downloading emails for a mailbox that was reporting as full. I can see in the Message Tracking log the failure 'mailbox full'. THe question is, what did SBS/Exchange do with the messages? Are they recoverable?

To respond directly to the questions: Mailbox size was increased as noted aboce, Outlook is in CEM mode, positive destination is correct, cannot see these 'lost' messages in OWA. Mail is currently flowing fine.
        Last edited by mo_rocks; 11th April 2013, 16:33.

Comment

They may have been rejected with NDR Mailbox full in that case...
          Regards,

Lee

Comment

That is very possible. The question is, do those mail items just disappear? Because the POP3 connector took them off of the external host's server.

Comment

Working...
            X