No announcement yet.

Group Policy for Folder Creation/Rules in Outlook?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Group Policy for Folder Creation/Rules in Outlook?

My end-users receive specific files as attachments every day, sometimes several a day, from a subscription service. I need to make sure the emails are deleted after two weeks so that mailboxes don't blow up. In their Outlook, while sitting in their chair, I can create a rule to move those files to a subfolder under Inbox. Then I can make that folder auto archive to just delete the emails containing the attachments after 2 weeks. Cool solution, if I am in their chair.

NOW the fun begins: how can I push this plan to the entire organization without visiting every desktop?

Policy needs to: Create the folder, implement the move rule, then apply the auto archive settings.

I don't think it can be done via Policy based on my research. However, I'm here to see if anyone has a solution.

Additional details:

Server OS is Windows SBS 2011. No Exchange server. End users pull email from Gmail.
    Some end users use Office 2010 H&B, others 2013 H&B. All use Outlook pulling from Gmail.

Re: Group Policy for Folder Creation/Rules in Outlook?

you would be better doing this with global rules using exchange management console I suspect.

oh.. wait... you said gmail.
    I have no idea how you'd achieve that..sorry
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point

Re: Group Policy for Folder Creation/Rules in Outlook?

Suggest you look for a suitable tool. Start with:

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
      Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.