No announcement yet.

SBS 2011 - Exchange certificate

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SBS 2011 - Exchange certificate

After installing Godaddy certificate there is a popup security alert on each station while openning outlook client which refer to FQDN - server1.domain.local and point to Godaddy certificate.

In EMC, I see that there is a certificate from CA to server1.domain.local and only when i assign IIS service to certificate, the alert gone but then there is a problem with OWA.

Why does the outlook client looking for Godaddy certificate?
    How can I solve that?

Re: SBS 2011 - Exchange certificate

Run the connect to the Internet and Certificate wizards from the console.

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
    Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Thank you for your reply.

I used the wizard but the problem is that I must choose between the self signed certificate (which fix the security alert) and Godaddy certificate which provide the security for the mail from outside.

I tried to add the to godaddy certificate but they don't allow it due to new rules.

Iirc you need to open run the set-outlookprovider command

I could be Wrong

What names are on your GoDaddy cert?
          IIRC the recommendation is still (for SBS):
          sbsname (netbios name)

That is certainly what I use, and have had no problem with pop-ups as you describe

AFAIK you can get GoDaddy to let you re-key a certificate even after issue -- you may need to be polite to them, but i have done it in the past
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

A weekold thread...

I don't think you have run the wizards correctly.
            Did you run wizard to configure the external host name? If you do then the wizard will correct everything for you, setup the DNS etc so that you can use the external name internally.

If your certificate expires after November 2015 you will not be able to include the internal names of the server, nor the netbios name, so it is important that you setup everything correctly.

As this is SBS you must run each of the wizards - so the connect to the internet, setup your internet address and add a trusted certificate wizards. That will stop the prompts.

Simon Butler
            Exchange MVP

More Exchange Content:
            Exchange Resources List:
            In the UK? Hire me:

Sembee is a registered trademark, used here with permission.