Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Server 2003 Std > SBS2011 Public Folders

Hi all,

Another migration, this time its a Windows Server 2003 R2 Std > SBS2011.

The Public Folders are taking an absolute age to replicate across.

I can see the incoming public folder replication messages being processed on the target server and I've run a few of the PS scripts.

Is there anything else I can do to speed up the public folders so I can complete the Exchange 2003 removal?

Cheers!

Lee
    Regards,

Lee

Re: Windows Server 2003 Std > SBS2011 Public Folders

Have to say I have always exported to PST and deleted on the source server, then created new on the target server,

Obviously system PFs (OAB, Schedule+ etc.) have to replicate normally
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Ossian -whilst you are correct for data folders there are system folders which must be replicated (Free/Busy and OAB, etc.) before you can successfully remove the 2003 server.
      In answer to the original question, I have usually found that a reboot helps the process!
      TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
      http://www.wintra.co.il/
      sigpic
      Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Ignore that last post! - My fingers were too quick on the keyboard!
        TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
        http://www.wintra.co.il/
        sigpic
        Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Thanks guys. I have exported them already, but I'd rather let it happen the correct way. Both servers have had a number of reboots.
          Regards,

Lee

Comment

Have the routing group connectors created? I've had that a few times where they don't and have to be added manually. You'll see the PF replication traffic in unreachable destination in the queues if that is the case. Also turn off any message tagging software (E.g. anti-spam software) as that will cause replication to fail.
            BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
            sigpic
            Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Working...
            X