pop3 connector and emails missing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pop3 connector and emails missing

I had a problem with the virtual disk for the data and all the data was erased.

till I recover everything took few hours in this meantime the pop3connector continue downloading the mail messages.

Now I cant find these messages.

The exchange and some system folders was reconfigured by the person who did the server setup.

Please let me know where should I find the missing emails, and how can I know which location is this folder in case it was relocated

PS:SBS08

Re: pop3 connector and emails missing

Originally posted by nitoglycerine View Post
    I had a problem with the virtual disk for the data and all the data was erased.

till I recover everything took few hours in this meantime the pop3connector continue downloading the mail messages.

Now I cant find these messages.

The exchange and some system folders was reconfigured by the person who did the server setup.

Please let me know where should I find the missing emails, and how can I know which location is this folder in case it was relocated

PS:SBS08
    In the bad mail folder??

Why didn't you disconnect the server while you were working on this??

My gut feeling is though that the data really wasn't gone and you've just restored a backup over your original DB.

Comment

Thank you for your answer, but as I describe the virtual disk gone so is not possible to replace an empty disk.

I check the badmail folders under progfiles\sbs\data but those emails didnt arrive there.

I didnt disconnect to allow the users to use the ad,dhcp dns and other services.

Someone else?

Comment

Originally posted by nitoglycerine View Post
        Thank you for your answer, but as I describe the virtual disk gone so is not possible to replace an empty disk.

I check the badmail folders under progfiles\sbs\data but those emails didnt arrive there.

I didnt disconnect to allow the users to use the ad,dhcp dns and other services.

Someone else?
        Using AD services has nothing to do with receiving email.

Where do you get undeliverable email sent?? Is it possible that because the email has been deemed as undeliverable that they have been sent to whoever deals with this??

At this time i very much doubt that you will retrieve these emails unless there is a copy on the server.

Comment

Check the event log for any clues. Depending on the logging level chosen (or default) you may be able to understand what happened and to where the mails were delivered.
          TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
          http://www.wintra.co.il/
          sigpic
          Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

no logs for these hours.

The question is: what the pop3connector does if the exchange db is not available he though away the emails?!?

Comment

Working...
            X