Help on ISA Server 2004

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help on ISA Server 2004

I have installed ISA 2004 on windows server 2003 and I have configured everything quite well but i could not manage to be able to configure a network printer on server so that everyone can print . Every time I try to install the network printer the wizard cannot detect the printer I have set up the ip and everything on the printer side very well . But I have noticed that whenever I stopped the Microsoft Firewall service on the ISA server 2004 the wizard detects the printer . Can you please help me identifying my problem please ???
    With Regards .

Re: Help on ISA Server 2004

If you want support instantly, call Microsoft and have your credit card ready. If you persist in sending me PMs asking for help I'm going to report you to the moderators.
    BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
    sigpic
    Cruachan's Blog

Comment

sorry cruachan for bothering you by sending a private message I am just a newbie here and I am only asking for your support cause I came across on some of your replies are somewhat related to ISA Server . But Please help me . Thanks

Comment

As a general rule, we are a public forum and one of the goals is to share information. Private messaging does not do that.

Please post your questions here, with as much information as possible (disguise details like real domain names if needed) and there are thousands of users who may be able to help you.

Looking at your original question, it seems as if the printer needs to be added to the firewall rules, but you will need to determine the port and protocol it is using.
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
          As a general rule, we are a public forum and one of the goals is to share information. Private messaging does not do that.

Please post your questions here, with as much information as possible (disguise details like real domain names if needed) and there are thousands of users who may be able to help you.

Looking at your original question, it seems as if the printer needs to be added to the firewall rules, but you will need to determine the port and protocol it is using.
          Thanks Ossian , for your help . i setup my printer manually and it has 192.168.0.11 as an IP address so when I try to install it with add a printer wizard it does not detect it automatically but when I stop the Microsoft Firewall service from ISA server 2004 it does detect it . Since I am a newbie on ISA thingy i could not figure out where my problem is so if you can help me on adding a firewall rule for the printer it is much appreciated .
          Thanks again .

Comment

The printer will not just use an IP address, it will use a specific port (just like http uses port 80) and protocol. Those will need to be identified and a rule added. Sorry if I can't help further, but the infomation will be specific to the printer and should be documented
            Tom Jones
            MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

The printer will not just use an IP address, it will use a specific port (just like http uses port 80) and protocol. Those will need to be identified and a rule added. Sorry if I can't help further, but the infomation will be specific to the printer and should be documented
              The HP printer is 4250 and it uses port 9100 and the protocol it uses is TCP
              Thanks

Comment

So add a rule for that port and protocol
                gives instructions
                http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=isa...w=1462&bih=887
                Tom Jones
                PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                IT Trainer / Consultant
                Ossian Ltd
                Scotland

Comment

So add a rule for that port and protocol
                  gives instructions
                  http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=isa...w=1462&bih=887
                  I tried to follow this suggestion by this link but ended up with no luck
                  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306071

Comment

Originally posted by hayeutino View Post
                    I tried to follow this suggestion by this link but ended up with no luck
                    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306071
                    Please guys help me . Please

Comment

Lousy quality of service these days -- no reply in 1 minute and you ask for help again. If it is really that important, phone Microsoft and pay them ($$$) for a fast, authoritative answer

Could you give us a clue about any errors you got -- "no luck" doesnt really help too much
                      Also note the link assumes tcp/ip printing is working within the LAN -- is it?

A diagram of your environment would also help, so we can see where ISA fits in with the rest of the netwok
                      Tom Jones
                      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                      IT Trainer / Consultant
                      Ossian Ltd
                      Scotland

Comment

Lousy quality of service these days -- no reply in 1 minute and you ask for help again. If it is really that important, phone Microsoft and pay them ($$$) for a fast, authoritative answer

Could you give us a clue about any errors you got -- "no luck" doesnt really help too much
                        Also note the link assumes tcp/ip printing is working within the LAN -- is it?

A diagram of your environment would also help, so we can see where ISA fits in with the rest of the netwok
                        Hello there
                        TCP/IP printing is not working within the LAN .

Comment

SO your first issue is to fix TCP/IP printing within the lan, i.e. before traffic gets anywhere near the ISA server.

Can you please post a diagram of the LAN to show us where devices are
                          Tom Jones
                          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                          IT Trainer / Consultant
                          Ossian Ltd
                          Scotland

Comment

Working...
                          X