Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SBS2008 and HP MSA2000

Hello and thanks for reading,

We have a small office with 30some clients. We use Windows SBS 2008 (not using Exchange) and we are quite happy with it.

Most of the shared data are stored in the server, and we also have one large NAS. Now, we have received some hardware from one of our shareholders, and I'd like to know if we can use it. The hardware includes one HP MSA2000 RAID system (3 modules).

I have no experience with this storage systems. Do you know if we can use it in our working environment?. We are now using a simple server, the Proliant DL160 G5. But as part of the hardware we have received there is one Proliant DL380 I can borrow.

Thansk for the advice.

Jud

Re: SBS2008 and HP MSA2000

Hi It All depends on wich generation the hardware is youre getting

Comment

One major oversight you've not mentioned yet, do you have a the facility to adequately backup the external storage / MSA in case of a hardware failure.

Any do you actually need storage space?
      Regards,

Lee

Comment

Thanks a lot,

Well the hardware is 3 years old, there are a couple of SAN switches, and the DL380 has two fiber adapters...

As of now, I don't have anything to backup the external storage. But yes we'd need some extra TB in the near future... I'm thinking that it will be much easier if we just get a good NAS box and plug it in in the LAN

Best regards,

Jud

Comment

Working...
        X