No announcement yet.

RADIUS server - SBS environment

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RADIUS server - SBS environment

Hi all,

Im trying to get a RADIUS server working on a 2k8 R2 server which is our second server. Obviously the CA role is installed on the SBS box with the router enabled as a RADIUS client (is found within the RADIUS clients and configured in the router).

Im getting:

Negotiation failed. Requested EAP methods not available. Now I think this is due to the certificate (or lack of) on the server with NPS installed. Do I create a self assigned cert for this server from the sbs server or am I going about it incorrectly?

If Ive missed any info please let me know, Ive tried to cover everything. The documentation Ive seen has the CA role and the NPS role on the same box.

Re: RADIUS server - SBS environment

Just incase anyone is tempted to assist. Ive reviwed the log for NAP and I get the error;

"The Network Access Permission setting in the dial-in properties of the user account in Active Directory is set to Deny access to the user. To change the Network Access Permission setting to either Allow access or Control access through NPS Network Policy, obtain the properties of the user account in Active Directory Users and Computers, click the Dial-in tab, and change Network Access Permission."

The thing is the dial in permissions for this user is set to control access through NPS Network Policy. Which is controlled by group membership to which the user I am trying to authenticate to the wireless network is a member.

Any suggestions please?