SBS 2008 SharePoint Issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SBS 2008 SharePoint Issue

I have a bit of an odd question here. The background is this; I have a client who has an SBS 2008 box with a lot of SharePoint traffic. Two days ago I renewed the Self-Signed certificate. Mind you these users have had some very odd issues over the years with their SharePoint site, especially with the Excel Spreadsheets we have up there. Okay, new certificate in place – now the users cannot open the MS Office files stored on the SharePoint site through the LAN. Chrome and Firefox will allow connection with no problem (just cannot open an editable version) and IE will launch the site but the users cannot open the files stored there. Another bit of weirdness, if I direct the users to go to the RWW, open the Internal Web Site and open the files from there: no problem!! IE functions perfectly. For my troubleshooting, I have used the psconfig tool to do an in place upgrade (forced) – ran fine, just no difference. I have manually imported the new certificate into each of the Trusted Root stores of all the users – did not help. Reset IE back to the defaults, disabling all add-ons then turning them on one by one – that did not prove helpful either. The server is current, patched and has been stable – so this has me stumped. Since the SharePoint resolves easily, I wouldn’t think DNS would have anything to do with this – it is just opening the MS Office files stored on the SharePoint that is giving us fits. Suggestions anyone?

Re: SBS 2008 SharePoint Issue

did you reload the certificate through the sbs console ?
    when you browse to the site, does it show the correct certificates ?
    All recent updates and rollups installed ?
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Re: SBS 2008 SharePoint Issue

Yes to all of the above. We had an expired cert in November but things worked okay after the re-issue. What is strange the rest of the site is just fine, the calendar works okay, the announcements post just fine - it is just the versioning of the Word and Excel documents for the internal users. Our workaround is working just fine as well (using RWW). This began about mid December and I cannot find an event that could point to a trigger or a cause. Thougts?

Comment

Working...
      X