Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exchange in SBS 2011 essentials

Hi,

my client was satisfied with google apps, when I install their server. Now he needs an exchange server to improve few processes in his company.

What is the best and cheap option to install exchange in his server, he has less than 10 users.

tnx

NiTo

Re: exchange in SBS 2011 essentials

There is actually no Exchange in SBS 2011 Essentials. You'd have to go with SBS 2011 Std or go with a hosted solution.
    Regards,
    Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
    Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
    www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

thank you for your response.

I know that, my question actually if its possible to upgrade to windows sbs std only changing the license without reinstalling everything or maybe installing a separate exchange license. which one will be cheaper and is its make different for perfomance

Comment

I suggest another approach, though it may cost you a lot more.
        Buy Windows Server 2012 Standard + Exchange 2010/2013 + CALS. 2012 standard gives you a host plus 2 VM licenses. You could virtualise the SBS Essentials you already have and still have licenses for 2 more servers - one of which could be Exchange. Also, you could "scrap" the 2011 Essentials and use one of of the 2012 licenses as 2012 Essentials - with no additional license costs.
        TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
        http://www.wintra.co.il/
        sigpic
        Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

I like this idea, but is too expensive and the hardware will not run exchange + VM

Comment

Is there an in place upgrade path from Essentials to Standard?
            (note please that is a question -- a quick doesn't mention one)

SBS Standard will give you the Exchange licenses plus the easy management you have already
            Tom Jones
            MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Are you asking about SBS Ess/Std or 2012 Ess/Std?
              There is an upgrade path for 2012 AFAIK.
              TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
              http://www.wintra.co.il/
              sigpic
              Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

2011 since that's what the OP mentions
                Tom Jones
                MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                IT Trainer / Consultant
                Ossian Ltd
                Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

My client has the SBS11 essentials so there is 2 options SBS11 std or SBS12 std.

Both are possible?

If yes the upgrade to 2011 std probably will be a small installation and to 2012 std will be a full upgrade, am I right?

Comment

Working...
                  X