Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apply Computer Setting... I think i try everything

Hello Everyone.
    Here is my issue drive me crazy for a few months now.
    • Server Config
    • Dell T300 Server
    • 4GB RAM
    • 1TB Raid5
    • Xeon CPU
    • OS Ė Windows 2008 SBS
    Iím running AD,DNS, Exchange 2007 and MSSQL services
    Ok so here we go server working fine no issue at all BUT when you try to reboot it, reboot goes fine until it get to the Apply computer settingÖ. And it hangs for hours. When try safe mode (and safe mode with network) no problem at all it take seconds for the Apply computer setting to be gone and give me the prompt to login. I did my fair amount of searching and try to apply all the things but nothing helps, here is what I tried so far
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2004121
    http://blogs.technet.com/b/mrsnrub/archive/2009/11/19/http-sys-cryptographic-services-lsass-exe-deadlock.aspx
    sc querylock
    QueryServiceLockstatus - Success
    IsLocked : False
    LockOwner :
    LockDuration : 0

Also try to disable my other network card that im not using, check ipv6. Nothing help the only way I can load this server is by disconnecting the network cable while the computer load and plug it just when the ďapply computer setting..Ē message appear and then after 5 minute or so it will prompt me for login. If I leave the network cable unplug it will also start but then I have some issue with the exchange not working well and other service refuse to start like the DNS and all the network shares.
    Anyhow I will appreciate any idea you might have.
    Thanks

Re: Apply Computer Setting... I think i try everything

Is this an SBS2011 server? 4GB RAM? I'd throw some more RAM at it for starters - at least up to 12GB.

What other event log errors are there?

Edit - Sorry - SBS2008 - same applies...
    Regards,

Lee

Comment

Do an IPCONFIG/ALL and show us the DNS settings please
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

That first link you posted is deprecated and was replaced by a new one with a hotfix. Just making sure you'd seen that!

May be something here too
        http://blogs.technet.com/b/sbs/archi...-sbs-2008.aspx
        cheers
        Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
          Do an IPCONFIG/ALL and show us the DNS settings please

Windows IP Configuration
          Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : SERVER02
          Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . : gt.local
          Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
          IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
          WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
          DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : gt.local
          Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:
          Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
          Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet
          Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-26-B9-46-A6-5F
          DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
          Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
          Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::1d3e:22b7:11af:f701%10(Preferred)
          Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::9535:5b28:88cb:d8f2%10(Preferred)
          IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1(Preferred)
          Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
          Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.2
          DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 167782073
          DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-14-A3-14-AA-00-26-B9-46-A6-5F
          DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : ::1
          NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled
          Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 8:
          Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
          Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
          Description . . . . . . . . . . . : isatap.{2969572A-11C9-45A0-AEAF-C56F6F00A184}
          Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
          DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
          Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

Comment

Originally posted by AndyJG247 View Post
            That first link you posted is deprecated and was replaced by a new one with a hotfix. Just making sure you'd seen that!

May be something here too
            http://blogs.technet.com/b/sbs/archi...-sbs-2008.aspx

Andy, thank you and yes i did check it. but it did not help.

Comment

Did you see this post here in this forum? Maybe that solution will work for you, also.
              TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
              http://www.wintra.co.il/
              sigpic
              Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Originally posted by LSainsbury View Post
                Is this an SBS2011 server? 4GB RAM? I'd throw some more RAM at it for starters - at least up to 12GB.

What other event log errors are there?

Edit - Sorry - SBS2008 - same applies...

Im planning on doing it but i do not believe this will solve my issue here.

the only error i can see is the following

The computer GTDesktop tried to connect to the server \\SERVER02 using the trust relationship established by the GT domain. However, the computer lost the correct security identifier (SID) when the domain was reconfigured. Reestablish the trust relationship. - Err 5513

Also but not when i boot just after a day or two i start to get these Err

DCOM was unable to communicate with the computer owner-HP_a.gt.local using any of the configured protocols. - Err 10009

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by teiger View Post
                  Did you see this post here in this forum? Maybe that solution will work for you, also.

I look for these 2 updates but i do not have any of them on the Server.

Thanks

Comment

DCOM errors like these are usually DNS entries for workstations that are no longer up to date. Easliy fixed. OTOH, the re-establish trust is a case of taking the workstation out of the domain and rejoining again (make sure you know a local administrator's password before removing from domain!).
                    But these still don't get to the root of your problem - try making sure all clocks, calendars and time zones are correctly set.
                    TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
                    http://www.wintra.co.il/
                    sigpic
                    Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Originally posted by teiger View Post
                      DCOM errors like these are usually DNS entries for workstations that are no longer up to date. Easliy fixed. OTOH, the re-establish trust is a case of taking the workstation out of the domain and rejoining again (make sure you know a local administrator's password before removing from domain!).
                      But these still don't get to the root of your problem - try making sure all clocks, calendars and time zones are correctly set.

Yes i have checked all of it everything is timed and upto date. Still nothing help, it will might be the place to meantion this is SBS2008 FV version which im not sure if it will change anything. Like i say an idea is welcome just let me know, i have tried most of web help that i could find searching for it.

Comment

I have now have 8GB of memory. Still no change

Comment

Hello,

Do you use Symantec Backup Exec at all?

If so, have you tried setting ALL of the Backup Exec Services to "MANUAL" PRIOR to rebooting? If it doesn't fix the problem, you can just set them back to Automatic afterwards.

I have seen this causing slow reboots on my Servers.

Regards,
                          Stephen

Comment

Originally posted by studio_two View Post
                            Hello,

Do you use Symantec Backup Exec at all?

If so, have you tried setting ALL of the Backup Exec Services to "MANUAL" PRIOR to rebooting? If it doesn't fix the problem, you can just set them back to Automatic afterwards.

I have seen this causing slow reboots on my Servers.

Regards,
                            Stephen

No Im running Acronis - but i had this issue long time before I install acronis. But thanks for sharing. I apprecaite it.

Comment

Working...
                            X