SBS2008 redirected folders

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SBS2008 redirected folders

I just noticed that clients, all Win7pro, don't get their Desktop and Documents folders redirected as according to a GPO that's set up to make them redirect.
    I cannot see any logs warning about the problem but when on site trying to log on as a different user I noticed that nothing got redirected. It must have worked at some point because the folders are on the server as expected and contain files. When I looked into the logs on a client I found errors saying that the redirection cannot be done due to access denied or the user is not the owner. I checked the access permissions and they looked fine. Only after changing the owner from Administrators to whoever the user was it started to work as expected. Am I missing something? Shouldn't it be Administrators group the owner. Changing the ownership on each of the folders would just be impractical. Is there a workaround?

Re: SBS2008 redirected folders

The user should be the owner, not administrator(s), as by default only the user should have permission to access the redirected folders.

I _think_ off the top of my head that if you delete the affected sub-folders of the re-direction share then the GPO will automatically recreate it based on %username% and give the user exclusive access, assuming the GPO has not been edited. I'd test this on one user though!
    BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
    sigpic
    Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Not easy since some folders looked fine and some not but it worked. Thanks for your help

Comment

No worries, thanks for posting back and letting us know.
        BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
        sigpic
        Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Working...
        X