X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SBS2011 Hangs with no errors

I am experiencing the same issues as this guy here:
    petri.co.il/forums/showthread.php?t=58285

The server hung, could not login via rdp or directly, it did not respond to pings. After a forced restart the server booted and the event logs were free of any errors/warnings indicating what might have caused the hang. Since it did not crash there is no dump to analyze.

Just like the previous poster's my store.exe gobbles up all the RAM it can, however, previous to this hang the server ran fine for 6 months without restarts with Exchange having eaten all RAM, then I restarted it two weeks ago and now this happened.

Has anybody solved this issue by following petri.co.il/forums/showthread.php?t=35990
    to reduce the amount of RAM store.exe is allowed to eat?

HP ML350T06 E5645 SFF Intel® Xeon® E5645 2.40GHz
    12 GB RAM
    5 x HP 146GB 10K SAS 2.5 DP 6Gbps in RAID 5 with one logical drive configured
    HP Diags return no errors on hardware.

Re: SBS2011 Hangs with no errors

I'd suggest posting on sysinternals forum. They like sorting all the mysterious hangs, freezes and the like problems. They also have specialized, free tools for the job.

Comment

Originally posted by yaro137 View Post
      I'd suggest posting on sysinternals forum. They like sorting all the mysterious hangs, freezes and the like problems. They also have specialized, free tools for the job.

Good shout, thank you!

Comment

Exchange "eating" all the RAM is normal. It manages memory dynamically and releases RAM whenever there is a demand for it.
        TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
        http://www.wintra.co.il/
        sigpic
        I’m honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We don’t stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Thank you for replying. I am aware of this fact, however, as I pointed out, other users suggested this "solution" for the issue I am experiencing, thus, I asked if anybody had any success with it.

Comment

Any updates on the issue? I have the same problem and it seems to be related to journaling. The server ran fine for months then hang once a week since I enabled journaling...

Comment

Working...
            X