Unable to contact all domain controllers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to contact all domain controllers

Hallo everyone, I bought a new server because my SBS server hardware is not stable anymore.
    I followed the procedure for migration windows small business server 2003 to new hardware from microsoft website and when I try to continue setup installation on the new server it gives me the error " Unable to contact all domain controllers"
    Please help!!!

Re: Unable to contact all domain controllers

Not sure on the process but make sure your DNS is correct.
    You probably need to show us the link to the process you followed and your notes on each bit so we know how it went.
    Event log errors etc are important too.
    I would also give us an idea of what the setup looks like, diagram or something like that.
    cheers
    Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Thanks Andy for replay.
      The procedure that I followed it is in the attach file because I cannot post URLs from other sites.
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks. How did the steps go, have you checked DNS, what stage have you got to etc. We need information to work on please.
        cheers
        Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

But why are you investing all this time and effort to migrate a system which is 10 years old. If you are already migrating to new hardware, isn't it worthwhile upgrading the system at the same time. SBS 2003 was great in its day, and if the hardware is good, can continue for a while yet if thare are no problems with it, but if you are already putting in the effort to migrate (and having problems), then the extra cost of SBS 2011 is relatively negligible.
          All IMHO, of course ;>)
          TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
          http://www.wintra.co.il/
          sigpic
          Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Hi, I find this on your site and it worked. THANKS A LOT!!!!

" BUT, I slightly changed his method, cuz the check was still processed, instead of being skipped.
            Peter Hageman's method is as follows:
            run the setup (double click) but do not click next yet
            solution: start run: %temp%
            Open sitxxxx.tmp folder (look at the exact minute that you started the setup)
            Open setup.sdb file with notepad
            Comment the bosreqs.dll,GFN_CID addtldccheck line ( it is located more at the bottom of the file)
            with a ; in front of the line
            then close the file and let it save

When you hit rightaway next, the amount of checks is still 42, but when you restart the setup from the same sitXXXX.tmp folder, and then click next, the amount of checks counts 41!

Hopefully it works for you as it worked for me. Again, much thanks to Peter hageman for his precious post.

Ciao,

Alwin"

Comment

Hi Teiger, the old hardware was too slow and a bought a new one second hand more faster. I have a retail license of SBS 2003 and it is sufficient for what I need.

Comment

I bet the date and time on the new hardware are out of sync with the current DC.

Hit shift F10 to get a command prompt and type date and then time to check / change the date and time.
                Regards,

Lee

Comment

Working...
                X