Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

should I set IPv6 back to same address after new NIC?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• should I set IPv6 back to same address after new NIC?

Swapped a questionable NIC on our SBS2008 server. Set all IPv4 needs back to previous config...but noted a few weeks later that I didn't set the IPv6 back to the same static value. I have record of it...but I can see via IPCONFIG/ALL that is had another address now...

As far as I can tell everything is running just find with no major concerns in the event viewer for DNS, AD, ect.

Thoughts?

I know in one sense we don't use IPv6 at our facility but have read it's required by SBS for a proper config.

Re: should I set IPv6 back to same address after new NIC?

If it works,then don't fix it.
    SBS or more specifically, Exchange, needs IPv6 operational, but I haven't read anywhere that it needs the same address. I am open to correction though.
    However, if you say that everything is working as it should then see the opening statement.
    TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
    http://www.wintra.co.il/
    sigpic
    Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Working...
    X