Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IS fails to start

Hi all,

Just completed another SBS2003 - SBS2011 migration.

After removing Exchange from the SBS2003 and running dcpromo to demote the source server both servers were rebooted..

The Exchange IS on the SBS2011 fails to start with the following errors:

Error 0x8004010f connecting to Active Directory.
    Unable to initialize the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service. - Error 0x8004010f.

I tracked this down to the removal of the Default Recipient Policy but the guide says to remove it:

Migration Guide: Step 1: Prepare the Exchange Server 2003 organization to remove legacy Exchange servers / step 7

After a few hours of head scratching I found some articles on the web which said to add msExchPolicyOrder = 2147483647 in ADSIEdit ( CN=Recipient Policies,CN=First Organization,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=<Your Domain>,DC=com )

Once this was added back the stores mounted and started. Phew!

Thing is - I've done a couple of migrations now and I'm wondering why this happened on this occasion.

Any thoughts on that?

Cheers
    Lee
    Regards,

Lee

Re: IS fails to start

Thanks for sharing your solution. I have added to your reputation points for that.
    TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
    http://www.wintra.co.il/
    sigpic
    Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Working...
    X