Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Encrouching on the 75 user\device limit of SBS

Hi all,

Could someone explain how SBS deals with the limit of a total 75 user\device restriction please? Im guessing it doesnt just "stop" and either tell you to remove some users etc - how does it deal with going over it?

Also am I right in thinking its a user\device total? So in theory you would have say 37 staff all with a computer each and thats your limit. Or 74 devices and 1 user ( I know thats never going to happen but for example sake).

Any info is appreciated - thanks

Re: Encrouching on the 75 user\device limit of SBS

Apparently you can go over, but are then in breach of the license agreement:
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...1-e46d99b9ed11
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Ideal, I thought its more a license agreement situ rather than actually restricted within SBS.

Time to start thinking about the move - we're only at 60 devices\cals total so nothing to worry about just yet, but the cost is going to be fairly large when the time comes

Thanks for your reply

Comment

Since version 2008, SBS can no longer count. In fact, it didn't count very well in 2003 - probably why they dropped it in later versions. But then no one counts your Office licenses either.
        It is up to you to be in compliance.
        TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
        http://www.wintra.co.il/
        sigpic
        Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Working...
        X